Mountain Mama!

Mountain Mama!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Worried?


I know a lot of women worry. In my opinion it seems to be one of those traits that God blessed us with so that we would properly care for our children. If we didn't have some sliver of worry built in, then we wouldn't be checking on our kids in the night to see if they are breathing. We would let them play in the street, the medicine cabinet, and cleaning supplies because we wouldn't fear for their safety. God gave us that built in "worry gene" so that we would protect them.
However, I don't have a HEALTHY measure of worry built in. I have worry overload! I worry about too many things, too often. I KNOW that God is in control and that He is sovereign over all things. I KNOW that He has ordained all things that come to pass. However my carnal mind dwells on the things that are not profitable.

About a year ago, I was really struggling with this worry and fear. I found it hard to even ride in the car from my home to the store without having a mild panic attack. I knew that I was out of control, so I turned to my Savior Jesus Christ for help. I started encouraging myself (in my head, of course) during those times of stress and worry with his words and promises. I would just start chanting in my head "God is Sovereign, God is Sovereign, God is Sovereign. I found myself praying while my husband was driving me somewhere. I would remind myself with scripture when my kids were sick or hurt that If God cares for the flowers and the birds, then how much more does He love His own (Matthew 6:25-34). I would continually use the scriptures written on my heart to chase away these down right Sinful thoughts and fears.

But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Romans 8:6

Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you. 1 Peter 5:7

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to that which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Colossians 3:15

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3

And a really great one...

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27


To my amazement, I find myself worrying less! A lot less! God is faithful! He is Sovereign! My husband is thankful for this new found peace. Our rides to Morgantown, have a lot less passenger brake tapping. Though the Mantra (God is Sovereign) is still repeated often during turbulence on an airplane.
I am a work in progress, Thank you Jesus for Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment