Mountain Mama!

Mountain Mama!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Taught Myself to Knit

While looking at a lot of my favorite blogs lately I have been getting the urge to knit. However, I don't know how to knit. As a child my mother wanted to teach me all kinds of amazing things like sewing, canning, embroidering, etc. and I didn't have the time nor the interest for such things. Now, I wish I had sat down and soaked in all of her homemaking knowledge. So, I was seeking someone to teach me this wonderful skill and came across this great book, "I Taught Myself to Knit". It was at my local Wal-mart in the crafting section for under 5 dollars with the needles included. I picked myself up a skein of yarn and this packet and headed to the check out.



The book is very informative and helpful and has great diagrams to show "how to". I have to admit I am not the best at knowing my left from right on the spot so it takes a bit of concentration for me. But, I think I am doing well.
I called my Mom and told her about my new endeavor and she said, "you can't know you are good at something unless you try." She is good at a whole host of things but it because she just jumps feet first into it. I am not that way at all. I fear that I wont be good at it so why try. However, I am trying to listen to her advice and try new things.
Hopefully I will have a finished scarf picture to add to this posting soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment