Mountain Mama!

Mountain Mama!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hawaiian Coleslaw















While in FL in January I encountered a yummy treat, Hawaiian Coleslaw. I am not a big Coleslaw fan but this one has a twist...Pineapple! I am a fan of pretty much anything containing pineapple. I don't have the exact recipe that I had in FL but this one is pretty close.
Enjoy! Maybe it will make these long hard days of winter a little less dreary. Maybe even if you close your eyes while you eat it, you can picture yourself somewhere tropical instead of snowed in, with a blizzard outside.

Hawaiian Coleslaw
1 head green cabbage chopped thinly (or 1 bag if you like semi-homemade)
1 Large Carrot shredded
1 15 oz can crushed pineapple drained
1/4 cup grated unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup golden raisins (optional)
1/4 cup chopped pistachios (optional)
1 cup mayo
1 teaspoon salt

Mix it all together, chill, and serve! yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment