Mountain Mama!

Mountain Mama!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Meatloaf Muffins

My grandmother always made her meatloaf with Corn flakes, so I thought I should give this a try. I usually use bread that I tear into little pieces but I find that the bread sometimes doesn’t get torn small enough, and you get soggy bites. So here was my attempt. I have to say they were pretty good and I don’t think I will ever go back to my old ways!

Meatloaf Ingredients:
2 lbs. lean ground beef or turkey
3/4 c. crushed Corn Flakes Cereal
1/4 c. ketchup
2 T. Mustard
2 eggs
2 T. grape jelly
1 C. finely shredded carrots (Great way to get in an extra veggie serving and the kids will never know)
Garlic powder, to taste
Onion powder to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste




Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all meatloaf ingredients well in a large bowl. Roll into round balls the size that you can cup it between your two hands. Put into your muffin pan. Put in oven and bake for 40 minutes or until center is done.
Tip: About half way though you will want to drain off the fat. And to keep it from dripping all over your oven put a cookie sheep under to catch the mess.

I had lots of leftovers so the next day we made meatloaf sandwiches. Toast bread, spread mayo and ketchup on, add meatloaf muffin, and enjoy! They are even better the second day in my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment