Mountain Mama!

Mountain Mama!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Messes!

I made these for a Valentine Party the kids are going to tomorrow. Late for a Valentines party yes, but we had to reschedule because we had 2 blizzards in one week! No Joke. I have made Oreo truffles before however never in the shape of a kiss. I didn't think it would be that hard just a little pinch at the tip and your good to go. The shaping part was a cinch however, the dipping in chocolate was a disaster for me. I started dipping them and it was very awkward to get the bottom of the kiss coated so I started wiping them on the back of the spoon, yuck! Chocolate Everywhere! Then my chocolate was thickening up so I heated up again and then it was lumpy, so I added milk. MISTAKE!! It totally changed the consistency of the chocolate and it became more like frosting. I had to dump that batch of chocolate and start again. They are done, they look OK. I didn't have enough chocolate in the end to do the whole batch. I guess I inherited my mothers baking gene or lack there of. I am sure the kids are not going to care that they are not picture perfect, but I will know better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment