Mountain Mama!

Mountain Mama!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Easter Hat.

As a child my mother MADE me wear an Easter hat and gloves. I went along with her wishes and didn't buck against her wishes till I was in 6th grade. I remember vividly going to pick out my Easter dress and her wanting me to get a hat and gloves. I remember telling her girls my age didn't wear hats and gloves. She didn't agree. When we got home I pulled out the trusty JC Penny's catalog and said if she could find a girl my age with a hat and gloves on I would wear them. She couldn't and that was the end of my hat and gloves on Easter.
Now that I am the Mommy of a precious baby girl, I MAKE her wear hat and gloves too.
I think this is because deep down I want to wear them again myself. I think that was the driving force behind my mother's desire for me to wear them too. I love going to tea parties and wearing hats and gloves. Somehow it makes the occasion feel more fancy and special. I was browsing the web and noticed that the future Princess, Kate Middleton wears hats quite often.


I wonder if I could get away with wearing one on Easter this year?!
We are going Easter dress shopping tonight and I wonder if G will still want to wear one too. She is very girly but she does have a strong opinions on what she likes and what she doesn't. I will try to use my motherly influence to keep that hat and gloves on her for another year more.

No comments:

Post a Comment