Mountain Mama!

Mountain Mama!

Friday, January 28, 2011

I'm melting, melting...


I am sure all of you have seen a how-to on making your own crayons on a blog somewhere. If not it is super easy.
Step one: Take all your broken crayon and peel off the paper. We had lots because it is a hobby of J's to break crayons.
Step 2: Break them up into small pieces and put them into a mold of your choice. We just used a cupcake pan and liners.
Step 3: Bake @ 225 degrees for 25 minutes.
Step 4: Cool and remove from mold and there you have your very own crayons.
Today we made a few of our own. The kids thought they were doing something naughty because they got to peel all of the crayons themselves and break them into (as J says) "Little Tiny" pieces.
I think the colors turned out pretty cool. I only wish I had different molds to use to make different shapes. I will be on the hunt at the thrift store for some for next time.


1 comment: