Mountain Mama!

Mountain Mama!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Beth Moore


Today was Day 1 of my new book "Jesus, 90 Days with the One and Only" by Beth Moore. A dear young lady from our church got it for me to participate in the group study some of her college friends and her are doing. I can't review the book just yet because i have only read the introduction and done the work for Day 1 but I did enjoy it very much. I must confess it might take me more than 90 days because I don't always find that precious moment to sit with my Savior as I should, but hopefully this book will give me more of an excuse to take that time that I should. One thought that was particularly profound to me today was...(not a direct quote but paraphrase) That when the Angel Gabriel appeared to Mary to give her the news of her going to carry the Son of God and told her to name him Jesus. That was the first time that the Son of Gods name had been told to humanity. The first time that we as the human race had a personal name for our savior. I just thought that that was a special thought to cherish and hold on to.

No comments:

Post a Comment