Mountain Mama!

Mountain Mama!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sick of being sick!

Why is it that when our children are sick we "baby" them and when we are sick we neglect to take care of ourselves. I got sick Friday and have been ignoring it. I just thought I can fight through this, I am the Mom, and Moms don't get sick. However last night was my breaking point. I couldn't move. My sweet hubby bathed the kids and let me lay on the couch (while I felt guilty for my behavior). I agreed with my mother that I needed to go the the Dr.
Yet, when I got up this morning and felt better than last night I convinced myself not to make the appointment. My mom told me to go anyway and I am glad I did.
I have a sinus infection, bronchitis, and the verge of two ear infections.
So, I am babying myself tonight and trying not to feel guilty. I am staying home from bible study (sniff) and watching a movie with the kiddos.
I am sure I would have been better by now if I would have just gone to the Dr. in the first place. I am just always scared that they are going to look at me and say "Sorry there is nothing wrong with you, but maybe you ARE crazy!"

1 comment:

  1. my mom always says, "poor baby" and it makes me feel better. been there, corie. hope you are feeling more like yourself again very soon...

    ReplyDelete