Mountain Mama!

Mountain Mama!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Pregnancy Cravings!


Is anyone else obsessed with Panera Bread? I know anytime we are in a city that contains one, hubby and I are there. We always order the same thing (because it is so stinking yummy)! We both get the 1/2 and 1/2 Frontaga Chicken sandwich and brocolli cheddar soup, with a bagette on the side.
I AM CRAVING A BOWL OF THAT SOUP!!
I am craving it so much I googled the recipe last night and am going to find my way to the store for the ingredents and make my knock off version.
I am not going to be anywhere near a Panera for weeks and it is on the brain so I hope this satisfies. I thought I would share the recipe I found just incase anyone else might like to try it.

Ingredients:

1 tbls. butter, melted
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups half & half
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 lb. fresh broccoli
1 cup carrots, finely chopped
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
salt & pepper, to taste
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese

How to make it:

Saute onion in 1 tbls. butter
In another pan, cook melted butter and flour , whisking over medium heat for 3-4 minutes
Slowly add half & half while continuing to whisk
Add chicken stock, while continuing to whisk
Once it starts to simmer, let simmer for 20 minutes
Add broccoli, carrots and onions
Cook over low heat until veggies are tender
Add salt and pepper
Pour in batches into blender and mix or use immersion blender
Return to pot and over low heat, add cheese, stirring until well blended
Stir in the nutmeg
Pour soup into bowls and serve.

1 comment:

  1. i think you should make good on your craving and come visit morgantown ;)

    ReplyDelete