Mountain Mama!

Mountain Mama!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Amazed!

I am amazed at the number of friends I have had contact me over "thrush" or "thrash" as they call it here in Eastern Kentucky. I have heard from prob. 5 friends who have suffered from it. 2 of which had it OVER A YEAR! Shoot me now.
I am feeling a little better but still symptomatic when I eat or drink. It is like I am doing fine but then I swallow something and my throat is immediately on fire and pressure.
I am not a good "medicine taker" but boy I have been faithful with all my meds for this nasty thrush.
I also have advice for all you ladies out there who might suffer from thrush or a yeast infection after taking antibiotics. There is something you can do to prevent this mess! When the Dr. writes you a script for the antibiotic, go ahead and ask for a script for Diflucan. This will prevent you from ever even getting this problem. This was advice given to me from my Dentist and another friend who is a dental hygienist. Oh, woulda, coulda, shoulda!

PS My spit is still gross. Just in case you wanted to know. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment